Saturday, June 4, 2011

Breaking Summer in ;)

So........yes, this blog may be a little bit delayed (we've been home from our cruise for 3 weeks already) but at least I am finally getting around to it. Our mid-May Carnival cruise was so much fun, and the perfect way to break in our first married summer. We went with my little (and taller) sister Alison, and her husband  Travis. They were our next door neighbors on the ship, and we couldn't have asked for better traveling companions.

The minute our feet entered the cruise ship, we all ran right to the buffet line and began our 4 day feast. When we weren't eating, we were sailing with the dolphins in Catalina Island, cooking in Mexico, negotiating prices with the local people of Ensenada, enjoying comedy shows on the ship, or sipping lemonade from the deck whilst we bathed in the sun. It was fantastic, and a great escape from the real world. I have since had a few cruising dreams, one in which my very own brother was a talking dolphin :) 

Below are a just few pictures so you can get a taste of what we did and saw on our mini getaway. 

    Catalina Island was love at first sight :)
 View of our ship 
 seeee-stars :)
 Just a little slice of heaven
The Jarrett's and the Brown's setting out for a wild dolphin adventure


 Dolphins!!! Maybe I shall name one of them Scott in memory of my dream ;)
 Mr. and Mrs. Awesome getting our formal on
 Enjoying a little comedy to start the evening out right
 The stair shot 
 The Mango Mango in Ensenada, Mexico
 Our cooking buddies
 guacamole salsa, anyone?
 Glad I caught this moment on camera :)
 The setting sun



Our awesome waitor German. He made our evenings so much fun!  

If I can figure it out, I will post a video of the hundreds of dolphins we sailed with! This was a definite highlight of the vacation and a memory we will never forget.                                                                         


1 comment:

  1. My lasest Cruise dream was there was a seal on deck and I was chosen to shake his hand (flipper?) and it was really cool! Then there was a big shoe sale on boat and you and I went crazy!
    I couldn't get the video to work on my blog :(

    ReplyDelete