Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dreamer's Brawl

I'm a dreamer.

Not only do I spend the majority of each waking moment daydreaming, but I dream up strange scenarios in my sleep. I mean like, a lot. And my dreams are usually ridiculous. Apocalypse nightmares, constant celebrities, flying humans, talking animals, floating scorpions; you name it, I've dreamt it. I have a dream diary, but I think from time to time I'll post them on here as well.

A couple nights ago, I had a dream I was out with a friend, enjoying a delicious Sunday brunch somewhere fancy. There was a long line in the dining room, where people were waiting to get their Sunday suits and dresses pressed by some guy who was ironing and steaming clothes at a baby's changing table.

My friend and I finished our delicious meal and got in line to get our dresses de-wrinkled. As we were waiting in line, we started getting chatty with some folks standing just behind us. We were so involved in conversation that we didn't realize we were next in line, and a man a few people back butt in front of us and headed to the changing table.

We ran up to him and told him sorry we weren't paying attention, but that it was our turn and that he needed to wait his turn. He started sassing me, and refused to let me ahead of him. We were starting to cause a scene, but I didn't care. Plus, all the people he butt were getting upset as well. My friend and I started pushing him out of the way, but being a bit stronger than me, he pushed right back.

That's when I got really riled up in my dream. He can't push me around like that! I rolled up my sleeves and put my whole body into it. I threw him an elbow with a slap at the end of it. Next thing I know I wake up to the sound of my husband shouting "Ow!"

I was laying on my stomach with the back of my hand on Vance's chest. Poor guy took the brunt of my imaginary fight. I checked my phone and it was 5:00 am. I fell back asleep, but thanks to my rude wake up call, Vance did not. When I woke up again at 7:30 am, he poked me and said "Hey, remember that one time you slapped me in your sleep?"

I laughed the whole way to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment