Tuesday, March 20, 2018

The Grand Announcement!

Here is the video I made for our pregnancy announcement, and the text that I posted along with it on Facebook. We announced to the world on Super Bowl Sunday (aka February 5, 2018).

"Sound on. And sorry FB posted it blurry, but watch to the very end for extra bonus videos.
First off, I’d like to thank everyone who helped support us in our IVF fundraisers I did back in the summer and fall of 2016. Everyone’s love and support for us as we saved up for an expensive and emotional procedure to start a family meant the world to Vance and me.

I feel like years of infertility was the biggest push at getting me back into my art, and also pushed me to follow through on executing my ideas in a creative way. If I couldn’t have the family I desired, I needed more than ever to nurture a lost passion and cultivate any lost or hidden talents I might have. I have explored new mediums and experimented with different art styles, hoping to really find my niche along the way. I hasn’t been easy and I still have a long road of improvement to go, but I’ve had fun feeling like myself again. Getting back into art, as rusty and incompetent as I feel, had brought me joy and excitement. 

Lastly, music has always spoken volumes to us. When I first heard this song last spring (Cross My Mind, by Arizona), I instantly fell in love with it. As I listened to the words and the melody, an idea quickly formed in my mind, and I prayed that one day I would be able to have an excuse and a reason to turn the story into a real life video that I could share with the world. Today is that day. Today, I finally get to share the idea that formed in my head with all of you.

Thank you Brandon Orton for helping me put this video together!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment