Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Bee's Knees and the Cat's Pajamas

Last year during Halloween, Vance and I had only been married for a little over a week, and had just returned from our honeymoon. I was still in recovery mode from months of planning a wedding, Vance was catching up on several missed days of homework, and we'd just settled in and unpacked all of our new gifts into our first apartment together. Needless to say, we were exhausted and had not had time, let alone the energy to plan coordinating Halloween costumes. I will admit that I was a little bit disappointed as Halloween came and went and not a costume was to be worn in our home (and probably my first year never dressing up!), but we still had a spooky end of the October month, filled with haunted houses, haunted boat rides, and lots of scary movies.

This year, however, we could not have been more excited to get our costumes assembled and ready. We had decided last year that it would be funny if we brought to life the old cheesy word expressions that are used to describe something awesome. Hence, "The Bee's Knees" and "The Cat's Pajamas" were born!

Check out those sexy knee pads!

V the Bee and the (former) Anni D





I really wanted to wear some feet pajamas, but had a hard time finding any in my size. Plus, I decided that if I found some cute pajama pants that I liked, I'd actually wear them around the house when Halloween was over. I found a cute leopard print pair for cheap at Shopko, so I snatched them and some comfy slipper socks up for my costume. And lucky for us, my work had this bee costume laying around in their dark, cold warehouse, so we just borrowed it.

The only money we spent on V's  costume was $1.00 on his knee pads from Deseret Industry, and $0.76 on the yellow paint. We got lucky this Halloween! I'm already planning next years costumes, since I LOVE dressing up so much. We're thinking either Barbie and Ken, or Brett Michaels and his groupie chick :)

And just for funsies, here's a picture of us during Halloween last year at this time. Nightmare on 13th haunted house in SLC with our old work buddy and his date.

Halloween 2010:) Good year!

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. oh you are cute! cute cute couple, love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would have known about your costume sooner... I just happen to have a pair of pink leopard print footie pajamas! They are really wide, but we could have taken them in (I've been planning on doing that anyway) and you totally could have worn them! Oh well! You guys look cute!

    ReplyDelete