Sunday, September 16, 2012

Vancey's Halfsies

What can I say? I am one proud wife! If you want to read more about me bragging, please continue :)

Just the beginning of this summer, there were no runners in our household of two. Since then, Vance has decided to get actively back into shape, and started running again. He trained rather quickly and decided to enter into his first half marathon. That's over 13 miles of running people! (I admire both him and my sister, Kirstin, who can run these incredible amounts of time and distance, as sadly, I hate to run.)

Vance's first race just so happened to be on my birthday- August 11, in Provo Canyon.  It was a fun morning. Vance's family came, and we all cheered for him as he crossed the finish line.

Right after the finish line
His number, which ironically is both of our birthdays combined- 11 and 10 :)
Posing...
oh boy...
Family!
Just V.
V and his trophy wife! haha
Less than one month later, on September 8, Vance ran his second half marathon in Salt Lake City, at the Cottonwood Canyon Half Marathon, and he did excellent! Might I add that he had just hiked to the top of Mount Timpanogos a few days prior to this event? It was so much fun to support him and cheer for him again.



Vance's time at both races? Under 2 hours- with an average of 1.46.00. I'd dare say I am rather impressed!

Vance on top of  Mount Timp, just days earlier. 

Our Happy Labor Day (I was even more happy once the hike was over, haha! It kicked my butt!) 

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!! I am trying to train myself to run 5 min straight haha

    ReplyDelete