Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Brown Christmas Re-Cap

I feel badly that I haven't written more the past couple of months, but I try to update when I get a moment or feel inspired to do so. Guess the inspiration hasn't struck in awhile, or I'm just too busy living life :) Let's go with the 2nd...

Vance and I had a very good Christmas. I dare say I do love Christmas as a married woman. I love having my own home and tree to decorate, having a hubs to shop for, and I especially love double the family to celebrate the holidays with. I love the gift of giving, and get so excited to see people's faces as they open a present. I am sure the feelings are mutual, as I got spoiled yet again and could hardly contain my excitement for the gifts I got. Vance did a great job this year, as did both sides of our parents, and Vance's cute brother and sister. Everyone was so thoughtful! Vance got me the iHome radio for my kitchen I have been eying. It makes cooking and cleaning in the kitchen so much more enjoyable!

He also surprised me with a bottle of some of my favorite perfume (Sparkle, by Rue 21-  the scent reminds me of freshman year of college, being 18 years old, and lounging in Hawaii, as that was my scent during that year of my life). He also got me Skull Candy headphones, some pretty cool necklaces and scarves, and a fun stocking full of my favorite goodies. I was all around surprised with the gifts he got me, and as always, was touched by his thoughtfulness. The idea of Vance going out on his own, and finding things for me that I will like always makes me smile and melts my heart.

I got Vance a new coat, hoodie, a new dress shirt and tie, stocking stuffer stuff, and the big one.... a certificate for a share as a partial owner of the Greenbay Packers team. He is so excited to have this hung up in the "man cave", (aka right now the movie corner in our living room.)

We made out like bandits with present overload from our families as well. Movies, sweaters, coats, jewelry, wallets, money, gift cards, pajamas, and even tickets to go to a Jazz game next month! We are so excited and feel so blessed. We honestly would have been happy just being with our families, but  getting and giving really cool stuff makes it even better :)

Christmas was such a blast because it was 4 days of cram packed Christmas. Friday, Vance and I took the day off and spent a fun afternoon together, just the two of us. We did a little last minute shopping, ate delicious lunch at Olive Garden, looked at Christmas lights in the evening, and watched a Christmas movie. We loved driving around this Christmas season to Christmas music by Michael Buble, Josh Groban, and Kenny Chesney to name a few.

Christmas Eve we went to Davis County to celebrate the traditional Brown Family Swedish Christmas. It was a blast! So much food, family, gift giving, and fun. I got to witness the Swedish Lucia and Tompty for the first time. And the cherry on top of the cake was that Vance's Aunt, cousins, and Grandma drove from California to Utah to celebrate with all of us.

Christmas morning we opened gifts at the Brown residence, all in our matching pajamas Vance's mom gave us, and went to church together. Then we headed to Pleasant Grove and had another party and gift exchange with more aunts, uncles, and cousins. The food was amazing and the games we played were so much fun. Good times were had by all.

That night we spent up at my parents house, and had Christmas on Monday with the DeCastro clan.
My mom and dad got all of the girls beautiful stone amethyst necklaces which I absolutely love. What makes it even more special than knowing that all my sisters and my mom have matching necklaces, is that this is also Vance's birthstone.

All in all, we had a great Christmas, and rang in the New Year with just to two of us. 2011 was very kind and giving, and we cannot wait to see what 2012 holds in store for us. We have a few things on our 2012 bucket list, which I will reveal at a later time. Until then,

1 comment:

  1. You guys sure had a jam packed Christmas! We had fun playing with everyone the day after :) And thanks again for the cute Zoobies for the kiddos! Coraline's has become quite the handy binki holder, and Bronson loves to carry them both around the house!

    Can't wait to hear what your 2012 bucket list entails :)

    ReplyDelete