Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What Anni Does in Her Spare Time :)

I failed to mention over the past couple months that I had been working on a couple commissioned graphic design pieces in my spare time. One, a logo for a wooden jewelry carver in Pennsylvania, and the other, a design for a grocery tote for The Market in Park City. I had so much fun!

My boss knows folks around the globe, and recommended I help out one of his buddies in Pennsylvania with a logo design for his business. I brainstormed a little bit and came up with this:


He seemed to really like it, so I hope it'll help get him the publicity he deserves. We did a trade off for our talents- I designed him a logo, and in return, he sent me some of his beautifully crafted earrings and ornaments. I'm open for doing trades for my work rather than pay, if I am a fan of the product, which in this case, I was. I love win/win situations.

Some of the pairs I chose. Fun, huh?

The other project was for my long-time family friends who own/manage/run a grocery store, The Market in Park City, UT. They were looking for a design to put on tote bags that would really grab shoppers attention, tourists in particular. We discussed how it would be fun to create something that had a cool Park City feel to it, so I did a lot of brainstorming on this one, and this is what we came up with:

Tada! It's printed and ready to go

I added a lot of iconic features that are relevant to Park City, and hope that this design will sell well for my friends. I had a lot of fun working on it, and would love to work with them again in the future.

If you know anyone who is looking for an artist to help them with a logo, wedding/graduation/birthday announcement, or just someone who wants a fun, unique, commissioned piece to hang in their house, I'd love to be of assistance. They don't need to be local!

As for mine and Vance's 2012 bucket list, that will come in the next post.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment