Monday, January 30, 2012

Just a Few of my Favorite Things :)

Yes, lots of these are really cliche, but it doesn't make them any less true, or any less enjoyable to me, for that matter.  These are all things I wholeheartedly adore, and often get giddy over. Sometimes it's nice to remember the simple gifts that our Father in Heaven gives us on a daily basis. I've said it before, and I'll say it again- I am so thankful for my 5 senses.

The feel of sand or mud in between your toes.

 

Playing with blades of grass.


The sound, smell, and sight of fireworks.


 

Pumpkins.

Artwork by yours truly


Crunching fall leaves whilst walking down the sidewalk.


Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup on a cold day.


I'm not supposed to eat this, but sometimes I am guilty :)

Fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies.

  
Warm bathes.



Running/driving through deep rain puddles.

  
Gloomy days. Yes, I really do love them- they put me in such an interesting mood.


Sunny days and summer evenings.


Comfort food.

Mashed potatoes and gravy :) oh yeah!

Collecting items from vacation spots.


3 day weekends.


 Super starry nights.

  
The way trees look after a fresh snow fall or frosty night.


The smell of oil paints and turpentine.


 


Bouquets of flowers.

  
Swirled ice-cream cones.


 Fun printed wrapping paper.


Finding cute clothes on the clearance rack.


Glow sticks in the dark.


 Back rubs.


Babys chubby cheeks and toes.



Power outages (means for candles, flashlights, and spooky stories!)


Changing your hair color (and/or style).


Going into stores and restaurants that love celebrating holidays.

  
The sound of the little bell that goes off at the door when you walk into a boutique.




 Not expecting to win a prize or giveaway, and being notified that you're the winner.


Silly knee socks.



 Putting on warm, dry socks after your old ones have become soaked.


Taking the scenic route to work.


 Hearing a song for the first time, and falling in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment