Monday, April 18, 2016

Day 6 – Day 8

Day 6
Saturday, April 16

I had an ultrasound and a blood draw early Saturday morning. My ovaries look good, though the right side looks more active than the left side. There are a lot of active growing follicles.

I started the Cetrotide shot in my stomach Saturday morning, which is a medication to help prevent early ovulation.


Thumbs up while I wait for my ultrasound

I got a phone call later that afternoon saying to keep on going with the same dosage of medicine. My estradiol (estrogen sex hormone) had risen dramatically from 195 on Thursday to 582 that day. Good sign!

Still continuing nightly injections of Menapur (follicle stimulating hormone that stimulates healthy ovaries to make eggs) and Gonal-F (a synthetic version of a natural sex hormone to help stimulate the development of the follicles and eggs).

Still no signs of bloating or cramping, but started to feel fatigued. Not sure if the fatigue is related to the medication or just all the running around and back and forth trips to Salt Lake I've had to do lately.

(Funny note: Because of my high estrogen levels, Vance asked me if I was feeling even more womanly than usual and if I wanted to bake tons of bread and make him a sandwhich....ha! And my friend Peggy asked if I was in the mood to make and display a bunch of doilies at my house. Gotta love the humor!)

Day 7 
Sunday, April 17

Minor cramping and bloating, but mostly just felt really fatigued and napped all day. Thank goodness for Sundays :) 


I really dread my tummy shots (9:00pm) and was complaining about them while Vance was mixing the meds. He walked over to me laying on the couch with the ready-to-go syringe in his hand and said, "Hush up little Anni, and accept your fate!" He is so goofy and funny it keeps me laughing through this whole process.

Accept your fate!


(Note: I thought I would have horrible skin and be breaking out like crazy because of all of the hormones being put into my body, but it has actually been quite the opposite. As I was washing my face for bed last night, I noticed that my skin actually looks and feels (much) clearer than usual; a nice and smooth even tone, with no breakouts at all. I love it!)

Day 8
Monday, April 18

Slight cramping and a bit more bloated.
 
Just got back from my SLC appointment. Had another ultrasound and blood test and met with a nurse afterwards to go over my schedule. My ultrasound looked really good, with my right side still looking more active than the left. 

I will be starting egg retrieval sometime this week! Probably on Thursday. My estradoil is now at 956. I go in for another ultrasound tomorrow morning and hopefully that will determine for sure when I can start taking my trigger shot and when egg retrieval will be.

Every day is one step closer. Keep wishing us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment