Sunday, April 24, 2016

May the Odds be Ever in Our Favor

Vance and I went to the temple Friday night to get some peace of mind and clarity. IVF has been very intense. We had already (tentatively) decided we would put 2 fertilized eggs in this round and freeze the remaining embryos for a later round, but went to pray that the fertilization process would go well.

We received a phone call on Saturday morning with news on the status of our eggs. News was that 2 of our 7 fertilized. We have 2 healthy embryos that will be ready for transfer on Tuesday.

Only having 2 embryos was obviously not the news I wanted to hear. I was really praying for 4+, but hoping for at least 3 so that we could put 2 in this round and freeze one for our next child. But the more we thought about it, we are so grateful and excited that 2 eggs DID take. We've been blessed with 2 healthy and fertilized embryos and as strange as it sounds, I already love them so much. They are fighters that made it this far. I can't help but feel like they made it because they want to be a part of our family.

When I told Vance the news, his face lit up. He was so excited that any fertilized. He is so right. None of my eggs could have fertilized and our journey would be over. We believe in miracles!

Cutest little embryo illustration ever!

Now to decide....one embryo for this transfer, or two???? Only having 2 embryos kind of changes our game plan. We want the BEST possible outcome to come of this. We are beyond desirous of an embryo planting into my uterine lining, sticking, and growing into a sweet little baby Brown.

Please keep the prayers coming. As a friend of mine says, I'll be saying "sticky" prayers! This round of IVF is kind of our only shot. With only 2 embryos and the possibility that we won't be freezing any, we don't know if and when we will ever be able to do IVF again. To do IVF again, we would have to start from scratch and pay the entire amount of $15,000+. Frozen rounds of IVF (which sadly, we won't have unless we only use one embryo and freeze the other) are much cheaper than having to completely re-stimulate my body with shots and drugs to create good eggs, constantly test my blood, conduct frequent ultrasounds, and pay for the egg retrieval with anesthesia. I don't know if we will ever get that opportunity again.

The Miracle Fund is really the only reason IVF has been possible for us, and the only way I can think to thank or repay them for helping is out is by having a miracle baby. Who believes in miracles? I know I do!

May the odds be ever in our favor.

2 comments:

  1. Love you. And saying prayers of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andi! Love you and pray that your journey is going well!

    ReplyDelete